Sunday, April 20, 2008

Super Saturday! and the not so Super...

The result at the END of our "Super Saturday"
What did we do, you ask, to cause our kids to pass out completely on the couch...?

It started out with this...their cousins Brooke, Lily, and Ian visiting with their 4-wheelers. You could not get Bryce off of them. He would ride all day if you'd let him.
Bryce & Lily
Colt & Ian

That was Friday night, then Saturday, while Mandi, Dave(my brother) & Ben went snowmobiling for their last ride of the season (I think it will be the last...who knows)...
Mandi, Dave & Ben
Mandi, Dave & Ben

I took the 5 kids for a bike ride on the Wood River Trail. We started at Greenhorn Gulch and headed north into Gimlet towards the hospital. (The camera was with Ben, so I didn't get any pictures--But here is a picture of exactly what we were riding...except we still have snow on either side and nothing is that green, yet)
I pulled Bryce in the bike trailer and Colton rode his new bike for his first "real" ride EVER. I was so proud of him...the problem was, though, when he was ready to turn around and go back, he was really done...so I had to encourage and push and encourage some more as he cried 1/2 the way back. It had gotten really cold and windy, too, so that didn't help. What a trooper, though, on those HEAVY little kid bikes with training wheels. We went almost 5 miles total. I was very impressed...
Then it was back home and back on the 4-wheelers...this time with even a little more fun and creativity, thanks to winter's old sleds...
Colt being pulled by Lily

Notice the dirt flying up out of the sled brakes...

These kids were DIRTY!

Then Uncle Dave decided it was time for Colton to learn how to ride on his own...and he did great! Colton is looking forward to Ian growing out of his 4-wheeler, so he can inherit it.

But...wait, our "Super" Saturday is not over, yet. We decided to take the kids bowling, so I had the three boys in one bath, one neice in one shower, and the other neice in another shower...when all of the sudden we had a garage filling up with water AGAIN!

Yes, in two separate corners of the garage we had water falling onto our heads. Both showers failed noticeably in the same day within a week of the tub. Crazy! I know. This time it wasn't the drains, but the supply lines to the shower faucets, which means, they may have to tear out my tile to fix it. We'll see. But another bad thing is that it is in my laundry room wall, too. BAD NEWS! Thank goodness all this is under the plumber's warranty. Too bad for him.

Other corner of the garage from last week's tub issue

Water at the master bedroom shower--at least it is still over the garage and not my kitchen --although, I'm just waiting for something to happen at the other tub which is over my kitchen. Maybe that will be next Saturday. Knock on wood...just not wet wood.

5 comments:

Kara said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun and a lot of water:)

*Elle said...

I'm glad that you documented this weekend with my kids. I ask them when they get home what they did, and they hardly tell me anything! It sounds like a lot of fun!

suzan said...

How Fun!!! Could you possibly pack one more thing in there? Did you actually end up going bowling after all of that? You're a real trooper!!!

John-n-Mel said...

Wow how much fun! Crazy about the water & Pipes...what are the chances?

Amanda said...

Oh my heck that completely sucks. I sure hope you don't have to replace tile.!