Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tagged, Page 123 Sentence 5

I was tagged to quote from a book--either favorite or current read--Page 123, Sentence 5. Since I'd already finished the Twilight books and am now listening to a book on my IPOD, I don't know what would be Page 123, Sentence 5; so, I had to pull it from my favorite book, Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand...(now you know where the name of my dog came from...it was better than Rush, which is what Ben wanted...to name our dog after Rush Limbaugh).
"When the full realization of the purpose struck him like a sudden blow, he stopped."

If you haven't read the book, I highly recommend it. The sentence is referring to a man named Hank Reardon whose passion is his steel business and his family condemns him for it. The book is considered political fiction for capitalism against socialism...but it is so much more than that. I saw the book as a tribute to human greatness. I believe there is an incredible amount of potential for something great in each of us. I believe our capacity to become something extraordinory and truly make a difference in this world would surprise us. I know that I don't reach my full potential--or haven't, yet, I should say. And I probably never will...but I always know that I can do more, be more, be better...and I think it helps me to at least move in that direction most days, I hope.
I tag anyone else who is reading...mainly to see what you are reading :)

3 comments:

suzan said...

That was very inspirational, and so true that we all have what it takes to make a difference. Thanks for the reminder.
I am still finishing Eclipse... I am such a slacker, you blew through those books!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Hey Jelina!

So true about having greatness in all of us. I am like you: always trying to be better, even in small ways. I don't always succeed, but at least I try! Here's my sentence from the book "Princess Academy." (I'm into young adult fiction lately.) "The girls broke into a run, and the noise of their boots on the roadway sounded like a night rockfall." In this book, uneducated girls from a mountain village are learning that there is a princess within all of them.