Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bath in our garage anyone?

Saturday evening Ben and I both noticed some funny looking bubbles in our garage ceiling as we were coming in to eat dinner. The pictures tell a wonderful story about how we got to spend the rest of our evening. (I guess I should say how Ben spent the rest of his evening).
I had taken a bath on Friday and all the water from my bath filled up our ceiling instead of going down the drain.
This is my Master Bath Tub Drain Pipe. Nice waterfall OUT the side of it, huh? The pipe completely cracked in 1/2 for some strange, bizarre reason.
The resulting lovely mess. But its all fixed now. Yeah for a plumber who responds quickly. Now we just need to re-insulate and re-drywall and re-paint...nothin' to it.

3 comments:

Norris Fam said...

Ok, that makes my red carpet not seem so bad! I'm just glad my little Sydney didn't have anything to do with your mis-hap, because it seems that she is usually involved in things like that =)

*Elle said...

New houses always have their corks! That is such a bummer!

suzan said...

Bummer! At least you have a good husband who can fix these kinds of problems. And you are really good at capturing the moment :) This sounds all too familiar to me!