Tuesday, April 15, 2008

In Memory of Grandpa Werner Petzinger


Three years ago today we lost Grandpa Werner (Ben's dad) to pancreatic cancer. This post is small collection of my favorite pictures and one of my favorite memories.

I believe his favorite role in life was that of a grandpa. It makes me so sad that he only knew Colton for such a short time. When I was brand new to the family, I got to see just what kind of a grandpa he was. We were having a BBQ and the kids were playing in a small pool in the backyard. He "accidentally" slipped and fell into the pool fully clothed. The kids thought that was the greatest thing. No big deal to him, he just went on playing with them despite being sopping wet. My neices and nephews loved him so much. We miss him dearly.
Grandpa and Colton
Ben and Colton at the funeral.
Colton at the funeral

2 comments:

Kara said...

My dad died when I was 17 two days after my birthday so I do understand. Its a happy day and a sad day today. By the way Jelina I think we should have a post showing your pregnant belly. Im sure there is some family that haven't seen it in a while.

Jelina said...

Kara...so is that why you posted a picture of your pregnant belly today...as a hint to me? We'll get one posted soon enough :)