What to say...except that now he is only one year younger and can't give me a hard time about my age for a few more months. Just kidding. There is much more that I wanted to say about my wonderful husband in honor of him today.
So...the Top Ten Things I LOVE About My Husband
10. His bulging muscles that allow him to be the strongest person I know. Ok...so this is off to a rough start, Ben, I know...but you have to keep reading.
9. He allows me to be who I am...and loves me for it...no matter how many times I re-arrange his closet by type and color; or make to-do lists and shopping lists for him; or even clean his grill.
8. We enjoy the outdoors together and he has no qualms about getting our kids out there to explore this incredible world we live in. Kids haven't kept us inside.
7. He actually finishes projects he starts...thankfully that is something different from his dad. :)
6. Can we say Global Warming is a hot button with him? All I need to mention, as well, is the name Rush Limbaugh, Ronald Reagan, the NRA, Conservatism, Anti-Socialist, etc. It's his passion...it is who he is and he has taught me so much about how I really believe and what the labels are for those political and social beliefs.
5. I'll keep this clean...but you can't NOT say it...he's my husband. Let's just say I have absolutely NO complaints about our time in the bedroom. :) (He's going to kill me!)
4. He honors and magnifies his calling as the priesthood leader in our home (even if he won't shave off his goat-tee...ha! ha!)
3. He doesn't always make it home for dinner on time...but all that means is he is one of the hardest working people I know. I will never have to worry about him providing for us.
2. He loves our boys. He is a great dad. He gets so much of it from his own father-who was a wonderful man.
1. He still makes me laugh. Ben swooned me with his sense of humor when we were dating and it has never changed. He feels like he's doing his job if I'm still laughing...and believe me, I need it.
I love you, Ben. I know birthdays were never a big deal in your family (yours especially with it being one of the most depressing days of the year--TAX DAY), but you know I love birthdays and wanted you to know why I love you! Hope you have a great birthday...at work. :)

2 comments:
JELINA!!! :) I do want to know what Ben said about #5! That's funny!
Ben couldn't believe that I put that on here. He said "You go to church with most of these people. I can't believe you'd write that. But thanks for the rest of it."
Post a Comment