Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Curt!

I am proud of my brother Curtis. I've always been proud of him. Not because he graduated from high school at the VERY top of his class. Not because he broke state and school records playing football in high school. Not because he played football for the U of U during the Urban Meyer era. Not because he is so successful in his job with IHC (Intermountain Health Care). And not because he will be the first one in our family to get his Master's Degree...

I am proud of Curtis because of the kind of person he is. The kind of person he has always been.

Curt w/ Colton 2004

Honest. Sometimes a little too honest for a teenage girl trying to get away with something. I tried to get him to lie for me on the phone to my parents and with them on the phone listening he says, "I can't lie to mom and dad!" and began to cry. What I put that poor boy through.


Thoughtful. He and his popular good lookin' buddies in high school decided to ask some girls to a school dance who wouldn't have otherwise been asked--just so they could have the experience no one else would have given them.


Dedicated. He has always worked hard to achieve anything and everything he sets his mind to. When he broke his collar bone playing football, he insisted on still being a part of the team and doing everything that he could and then some to keep up...which ultimately led to his kicking career. I often heard comments said by other UofU football players and coaches that Curt worked harder than anyone on that team, and I believe it.


I hope he knows how much I love him as a brother and a friend. Happy Birthday!

No comments: