Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Birds, Bees and the E.R.

I decided to stay an extra day in Utah, so the boys could play with their cousins Adrey & Cru.
Aunt Shae, Becky & I took the kids to Wheeler Historic Farm
for some "historic" animal watching and bird feeding...


Colton quickly learned that geese don't just eat the seeds out of your hand...

They also attempt to eat your hand.


Sweet cousin Adrey strikin' a pose for the camera

One of these days, Bryce may actually catch one of these birds he loves to chase

Pigeons...they were stealing all our duck/geese food...

rats with wings as Dad would say.

The "scary" treehouse that they wouldn't go in

without me

My smile is from the "cheese" chorus that continued for minutes

while Shae tried to get the perfect picture

And then came the bee.

The bee sting, that is.

Colton's thumb was the victim...at first

Then it became his entire body as I was driving back up to Idaho

Luckily I was only in Layton when I realized what was happening

And immediately exited to Davis Hospital's E.R.

And thanks to E.R. Doc Bo Poulson (who I also went to high school with)
We were on our way after two hours, some steroids and benedryl.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

How scary! Then there's little anna with her two fingers in her mouth! Glad he's OK.

Kristin and Jay said...

That is scary, especially when you are away from home! Jay is allergic to bee stings and it can be fatal! I am really glad you noticed before it got too bad!

Kara said...

I hope you feel better colton! We are coming to idaho in a couple weeks do you want to play with me?
From Brady


That picture of anna with Colton is so cute. I love her little expressions. Im glad he is ok.

Just Us said...

Jelina, that is so scary. I am so glad you were near a hospital and not in the middle of nowhere. I hope he is doing okay.
Anna is such a beautiful baby!

Norris Fam said...

Oh good...now you get to carry an epi-pen everywhere you go! Glad 'Bo' was there to save the day :)