Friday, May 30, 2008

Anna Lenore Petzinger

This is Ben and I am making my own blog post this evening.

Jelina started having irregular contractions this morning and they quickly got in gear and went to regular intervals. We all went to the doctor at 11:45 AM for her regular check up and the contractions became more frequent and more intense.

We decided to stay in Ketchum so Jelina and the boys came back to my office. We had lunch and I wrapped up a few things while Jelina continued her contractions - they remained regular and intense. Then, by about 4:45 PM - she was on the floor and the real pain started. This is where the story gets interesting............

Evan Lawler, Okland Construction Project Engineer and EMT volunteered to move our car to the front door and we got the kids and mom carefully loaded for the short drive to the St Lukes Wood River Medical Center in Ketchum.

We were checked in by 5 PM and Carrie Norris was on her way to pick up the boys. THANK YOU CARRIE AND DAN. Jelina's contractions continued and gradually became more intense.

Jelina planned for a long delivery just like Colton because all the signs were telling her that it would be the same. So we decided to re-evaluate her condition by 9 PM. At 7:15 PM Jelina asked for an epideral to help with the contractions and by 7:39 PM and after two pushes Anna Lenore Petzinger was born. To be brief - the anesthesiologist was still administering the final epideral when Anna decided enough was enough and she came on her own terms - Our Nurse, Kelly was amazing while Dr. Rodriguez was being paged. Jelina delivered without anesthesia nor a doctor for the second child out of three. She is 6 lbs 6 oz and 19" long. I have a picture of Jelina and Anna just 20 minutes after birth and they are beautiful together. I will post the picture when we get settled back at home.

Jelina and Anna are now resting nicely and I have an opportunity to reflect on this miracle I have witnessed this evening.

Thinking back - I love that on the way to the Hospital, before we put the car in reverse, Colton INSISTED on having a family prayer. He INSISTED on giving this prayer and it went something like this: "Dear Heavenly Father, please bless mommy and please bless that she will have this baby FAST." Colton has known from the beginning that a little sister was on the way even when the ultra-sounds were inconclusive. Colton will be a great oldest brother. Bryson is cute, crazy and clueless and I look forward to capturing his expression on camera when he meets his sister for the first time. They both remarked to the nurse while playing in the waiting room that they were hoping for a sister because "another brother would be boring."

At the hospital I was able to administer a Priesthood Blessing on my wife. I shouldn't wait for pivotal moments in our lives and marriage to bless my wife because she blesses my life each day in her own special ways. I am grateful to have the Priesthood at times like this. I am convinced through experiences like this that the Love of God and of heaven has been distilled upon our family as the dews of heaven.

A good and wise friend gave me some advice and comfort at the passing of my Dad in 2005. He said "the afterlife becomes more real to us when those we love inherit it". My understanding of this and the impressions I had this evening is that I have seen the divinity of life inherent in us all. This divinity is manifest in us all and I hope to be an instrument in preserving this knowledge in the life and intelligence of our daughter.

I thank God for his trust in sending this bundle of life to me as a father. Heaven is more real and a lot closer now that the reality of this beautiful girl is resting in the arms of her beautiful Mother.

Anna Lenore Petzinger has arrived. What will I do with a daughter? . . . . . . . we'll figure it out together.

7 comments:

Kara said...

Welcome anna. I can't wait to see you. That was very well said ben. It brought tears to my eyes:)

Kristin and Jay said...

What?! That was so fast and early! Congratulations! I can't wait for pictures. Let us know if you guys need anything! Welcome to the world little Anna Petzinger!!

Amanda said...

Yipeeeee! Glad to see you've joined the latest fad of torpedo birthing. Congrats!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

You called it Jelina! You said, while we were all laughing and stuffing our faces at our WAY TOO MUCH FUN girls night that all this food was going to put you into labor! :) I laughed, excitedly of course, when I found out you were in labor yesterday!

I have been excited for THIS post since I found out! Nicely put Ben. I am telling you there is something very very special about little girls. You will love it! AND you will experience COMPLETELY being wrapped around her little fingers!

Can't wait for pictures! Let us know if you need ANYTHING!

Kara said...

Let us know if you need anything. I tried calling jelina twice and both times she was sleeping:)

Spooky said...

Congratulations! Hope you guys get used to another girl - I am sure it will not be hard.(grin). Glad to hear Anna and Jelina are doing well. You are in my thoughts.


DeVia

John-n-Mel said...

Good post Ben! Love hearing from the husbands and their side of the stories! You have great kids, you guys have taught them well! Congrats to the WHOLE family!