Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bird Rescue

I think almost every Hailey blogger friend of mine has had a similar post - a bird flew into the window...and died.
Mine, however, has a happy ending. After flying into the window, Colton rescued its helpless little body, put it in a box with some crackers and water...and a couple hours later it recovered enough to fly away.
He was pretty upset, though. Our conversation went something like this:
"I'm mad at you mom!"
"Why?"
"You let the bird fly away. I wanted to keep it forever."
"Whatever."

Do you like how I made him wear gloves before picking up the bird? So, I can be a little paranoid sometimes. You don't know where that bird has been.

4 comments:

suzan said...

That is a sweet story. It is one that Colton will probably remember forever.

*Elle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*Elle said...

That conversation was the best! Their little minds are so funny. It seriously made me LOL!

Amanda said...

That looks like what comes to our bird feeder-it's probably a house finch...