So, I finally had to read what everyone was talking about...and Yes, it was surprisingly entertaining. Vampires? Didn't think I would get that into it, but it was fun.

But, let me just say this...don't read it right before bed. I did it twice this week and both nights I had the worst nights sleep. I think last night, I created the entire second book in my mind as I was begging to just fall asleep. I couldn't get it leave my mind. So, I've decided I'll read the others, but I'll need to do something in between reading it and going to bed. Or...I need to somehow learn to turn everything off in my head when I go to bed, but I've been trying that since I've been married to a man who can lay down and be completely deep in sleep in 2 seconds. I'm still thinking about just laying down and I'll say something to him--he'll jump out of bed as if there's a fire because I woke him. I have no idea how he does it and I haven't been able to learn in the last 7 years...so I don't think there is much hope. Any ideas?
7 comments:
I wish i had some ideas. Brian does the same thing. He lays down and he's asleep. While I lay awake thinking of stuff i have to do the next day or need to do next week. It is so annoying.
I am just like Ben. I sleep like A ROCK! I mean sometimes I don't even remember laying down. I am just out and I don't move until the morning. I LOVE IT!
Ryan on the other hand is the opposite. He lays there forever and then he wakes with the furnace coming on or the kids sniffing. I feel so bad for him!
He read a book once about something different, I think it was like being organized or something like that, anyway the guy said that your brain will not shut down unless you get everything on your mind out. He said that if you think of a task that you need to do or if you are thinking about something you should write it down. Then your brain doesn't worry about storing it or dwelling on it. Ryan said that it really helps.
SO, there you go. Start a random get it off your brain journal!
Oh, and you just wait until 2 & 3! HEHEHEHE! Oh, I am gitty just thinking about them! I need to read them again!
I didn't think I was going to get into a book about vampires either. It sounded a little cheesy to me. Because I was sick in bed I ended up reading it in two days. Those two nights I fell asleep fine (with the help of cold medicine)but woke up not feeling rested at all because I dreamed crazy things about vampires all night long. Not a very restful sleep.
I have no advice for falling asleep easily because other than the times that I don't have a cold and am drugged up, I usually have a hard time falling asleep too. Tylenol Cold??
The only advice I have is... get used to it... at least until you finish the books. I am just like you. I can't sleep if I have stuff on my mind. Writing it down does help me, or sometimes I just make my husband WAKE UP and I vent... But as long as your reading Twilight, well, I think about it all the time. I am just starting the 3rd book. I just keep thinking, I wonder what Bella and Edward are up to, and I go back to it. I haven't read now for a few days and I am totally missing it.
I realize I didn't help you here at all, but just so you know you're not alone :)
apparently I'm going to join the majority of the crowd. I too lay there with things on my mind, but especially when I was reading the books. The few times I did read it right before bed I actually had dreams about the book. What is it about these characters that haunt/intrigue us all so much!? I think you already have the answer must do something else before bed...although it was nice thinking about the book rather than what needed to be cleaned.
So...now that I'm into the 2nd book, which is way better than the first...I read not so late and watched a movie before I went to bed. Better. I wonder the same thing as Mel...what is it that is so haunting/intriguing about these characters that keeps us thinking about them. Great choice of words!
I love the Twilight books, they are my favorite series. The second one isnt as good i didnt like it as much, and my mom agrees with me. The third one is good though. I always read them before bed, but I never have stayed awake thinking about it. I just sleep, haha
Post a Comment