Monday, February 4, 2008

This is the REAL Ben Petzinger

I took this from an email he sent out to his 4 brothers. Good luck at understanding it :) Now you know what he's really like...forget that "Things About My Husband" post.

I will be voting for the Democratic Ticket once McCain is nominated. I'd rather place the blame squarely on the shoulders of liberals than be saddled with my vote destroying our economy.

Representative (TN) Davy Crocket once said:"we have the right as individuals to give away as much of our own money as we please in charity; but as members of Congress we have no right to appropriate a dollar of the public money"

The dems and McCain have a nearly unstoppable election model that has served that party well since the days of our first massive entitlements in the New Deal to "rescue" our nation from the Great Depression. It is getting to be a mute point to argue principles of conservatism to a populace so conditioned to complain that life is "unfair" and preach the, "it's my right" mentality on such remedial private matters such as healthcare, legal immigration and retirement.

My glass is half empty when I reminisce about the welfare state created on the Navajo Nation that is a formidable bellwether of things to come in this country when we take a community's pride away by giving them everything. It is even more alarming to me when I consider the Fate of a once proud Slavic people in the Soviet Block. They have recently turned their backs to Freedom (it's not easy - you know) and latched onto Putin's throwback rhetoric to hammer and sickledom because he can guarantee security. By definition - socialism is the guaranty that the State will take care of us in a benevolent manner. Socialism is only possible through force - which is communism. There is no coincidence that Ronaldus Magnus Reagan scorned the Soviets by calling them the Evil Empire (the liberals were upset at him back then for saying these words - and then back it up with action) - it is PURE EVIL TO FORCE EQUALITY OF RESULT ON ALL PEOPLE. This is consistent with eternal principles endowed by our creator: agency. We are free to succeed and fail all the same.

One thing I have also experienced first hand is the soul-less state of a people where aside from all else of material worth, the one thing that can't be given is self-sufficiency and independence. Russia is a travesty in the human experience and I have a hard time even considering visiting there again because I have such a deep and profound respect for the worth of a soul that when I see what Socialism has done - it shakes me to the core. My mission there was completely devoted to The Gospel of Christ which transcends politics and liberates a captive soul. When you combine the two (self sufficiency and independence) in my mixing bowl of common sense - you get freedom. WHO IS OUT THERE TALKING ABOUT FREEDOM?

Freedom isn't depending on a government check that limits your capacity to seek after and pursue life, liberty and happiness. Davy spoke often of Freedom and he died protecting it. Where are these guys today?

McCain's military service speaks for itself - he put his life on the line for our country - but it is followed up with a clever election model of populism (Think Huckabee). Isn't it interesting that his jabs at Romney for being financially successful in the private sector are a cloak and dagger equivalency to a democrat criticizing a free market person for the same reasons. "When I lead my squadron in the Navy it was for patriotism - not profit" - McCain. Now, he uses his military career as both a shield against criticism and an ointment to catch the fly - or those so enamored with his service that they are willing-even compelled to overlook his temperament and voting/legislative record in the Cesspool Senate. The guy is brilliant - and dangerous as his "smoke and mirrors" legislative works have proven. By nature, when a politician is not conservative - he is liberal. Where there is darkness, there cannot be light and visa versa.

The gradual slip away from Conservatism in this country has picked up speed as career politicians like McCain (Republican In Name Only - RINO) feign conservative ideals while exchanging bodily fluids with the instant gratification-prostitute principles of entitlements that yield votes and STD's = Stereotypical Transfer of Dependence from the private person to the state. Once that love child of entitlements has sucked on the government teat (that's boob for another term) - they degenerate to a self inflicted lifestyle of bitter resolve of protecting their entitlement and cry afoul when the mother's milk runs dry with a litany of victimhood and wrong doing from "the man" or "the wealthy" or "the winners of life's lottery". QUE JESSE JACKSON AND AL SHARPTON FOR THEIR PREDICTABLE SPEECH OF INEQUALITY.

It makes me sick and I have seen it happen all in my lifetime as I started paying attention in Jr. High and understood then and there - that there are two types of people in our nation: makers and takers, producers and seducers, providers and insiders, Freedom Seekers and Freedom Tweakers, Capitalists and Socialists. (The rhyming is in respect to Jesse J: rhyme-master of political dribble and shallow rhetoric.) My decision was made early by way of example from all our forbearers in the Everinghams and Petzingers that I will always be a contributor to growth and not a drain on growth.

I, for one do not appreciate the complement of having to work nearly 4 months for free so other's can nuzzle up to their teat and milk my earnings dry. I hate that I have become bitter and detached from the political process to the point that i'd rather see a democrat harvest the credit for nose diving our economy than a president registered (by default) in my party who is nothing but a whore for votes. Consequently, the party I grew up associating with has definitely changed. Like a frog being boiled - the Contract w/ America group lead by Newt in '94 is all but defunct, cooked and corrupt in a filth of special interest money and inside-the-beltway conceit. Big business special interests love curtailing the free market b/c it is hard to compete. Newt thinks free market can solve global warming. ......Newt, if we can't reverse it (according to their high priests), then we can't stop it either. I don't know about the rest of you - but the 6 foot snow drifts on my roof and property are due for some warming soon - or i'll have to shovel my roof. I also don't know why I asked Newt a question here - he isn't reading this.....I'm just ranting after 5 PM when I should be at home with my dear wife and sons.

With any luck - they'll learn to argue with their dad too and form their own opinions of how things should be in this cruel world. I think Dad chose to take a liberal side on some things just to be a contrarian. He was sure good at that.

As the great political philosopher and mental-midget, Jesse Jackson says: I have been disenfranchised.

Ben

1 comment:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Wow! Yes, I read all of it. Good points Ben. I think if McCain is the choice I will just vote for you. I know it is throwing my vote away, but I don't really feel all that great about throwing it away on either Barack or Hillary! YIKES!