Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

So, I got creative this year and did homemade Valentine's Day cards. I even made Ben a homemade 8-page card commemorating our last 8 years. I also had a candlelight dinner for him when he got home using the china from our wedding that we've NEVER EVER used. My idea was to have food immediately for the boys and then send them upstairs to watch a movie, so Ben and I could have a nice private dinner - ya right! That never works. But it was nice anyway.

Colton's Cards. He even did all the work on these, except writing the words on the them. He traced and cut out the hearts. We wrote "You're Dino-Mite!" on them, and he glued on these little dinosaurs. They turned out so cute. I was quite impressed.
For Bryce, I didn't want to put too much into it, so I cut out these little balloons and glued yarn on them as the string. These holidays truly are for kids, right?!
This is Colton (left) at his preschool Valentine's party next to his friend Preston.

Here's a little story for you. I don't remember many Valentine's Days - last year was the cruise and it was great - but our first Valentine's together. I came home from work that night and he led me upstairs to our construction zone (we were remodeling the upstairs of our TN house). There were these white sheets draped over construction debris forming a tent. Inside the tent was a table with flowers and a menu that said "Petz Cafe". He had made an entire dinner and served it to me in our construction tent. He then surprised me with a violin solo of Canon in D. That was his present to me. He bought a violin and seranaded me. I had never heard him play before. It was beautiful. So...that was our first Valentine's Day Together. Pretty good, huh?

Don't feel bad if you didn't know who this guy was. Even his own boys didn't recognize him. When I pulled the picture out to be scanned, I asked Bryson "Who's that?" and pointed to Ben. He looked so confused and said "I don't know." He knew me, though. I guess I haven't changed that much. Daddy sure has, though...and it isn't a bad thing. :)

4 comments:

John-n-Mel said...

WOW! You made the valentine's for/with the kids? Dinner? You deserve more than a gold star! I'm so impressed and can see I need to work a lil harder. :) Good job! and cute valentine's story. LOVED IT! The Violin? I Am impressed too!

Kara said...

Wow Im impressed. And your right that doesn't look like ben.

Kristin and Jay said...

Love his hair! That is too funny! You wouldn't think it would look funny to HAVE hair =). Cute story, he deserves kudos for that one. And what great Valentines, hand made and everything, not to mention being pregnant at the same time. You have way to much energy =)!

suzan said...

Oh man, I am feeling like such a looser after reading this! Your dinner idea was great! I'll have to try that next year... Those dinosaur cards... WOW! My 4 yr old is soooo obsessed with dinosaurs! I am stealing THAT idea next year too! And your husband sounds like such a nice guy! How sweet of him to make your first Valentines Day so special!