Monday, February 11, 2008

Wish We Were There Now!

Exactly one year ago this week, Ben and I went on our first cruise with my parents, my brothers and their wives/girlfriends (now wives or fiances). Since I didn't have this thing going back then...I thought I'd go down wishful lane and post some pictures of what we did last year...Really wish we were there now. :)

PORT 1 - OCHO RIOS JAMAICA

This is where my brother Curtis went on his mission, so we were greeted by all these locals who absolutely loved my brother and had to see him again. This is Ben with a baby of a family Curt knew on his mission. He was so cuddly!

Jamaica's King - Bob Marley
Jamaica's Dunns River Falls. We climbed all the way up the huge water fall...something that would never happen in America thanks to lawyers. :)

PORT 2 - GRAND CAYMAN

View of our ship from our ferry boat to the island

We rode little scooters around the island all the way to Hell. It is the name of a real town on the island with a post office and everything.

PORT 3 - COZUMEL

This turned out to be one of the best days. We did an off-shore excursion to some Mayan Ruins on the mainland of Mexico. We had a cute little local tour guide who did well...but then as we were walking around these amazing ruins, an LDS guide noticed Curt's UofU hat and gave us his own tour--he knew SO much more information about these ruins. It was incredible.

Some of my favorite pictures from sea days:

We kept unintentionally winning medals on the ship for volleyball and shuffleboard. We thought we were just playing a game--turned out it was the ship's planned events that only we showed up for by accident. 1st pic: Ben, my dad & Curt; 2nd pic: My dad, Nate, Curt, Becky, Mandi; 3rd pic: Me, Ben, Jake, Dave, Shae.

Me putting my foot in mouth. It happens often. :) The picture of Ben with our waiter Sakda from the Phillipines. Sakda loved Ben because he was the only one in our family who would eat whatever Sakda brought him. Yes, our family is a little picky. And the girls...this was one formal night, the picture is my mom, me, my sisters-in-law Heather, Shae, and Becky. (Mandi was sick that night).

It was truly an amazing trip. I loved being there with my family. I loved the sites. I loved the warmth - it was very welcome in February. I'd do this again in a second. There is so much in this world to see...I can't wait for the next trip. Wish it was right now...since I'm in winter burn-out mode. :(

6 comments:

Kara said...

Looks fun. Your body looks a little different this year though:) Not by much but just a little. haha Your still a little skinny minny.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

UM.....I scrolled and scrolled waiting anxiously for the "Drunken" Karaoke pics JELINA!! COME ON!

Jelina said...

I have a couple of those "Drunken" Karaoke pics but they were just too dark...and my photoshop fixing skills aren't so great. Sorry. :)

Kristin and Jay said...

Wow, bikini and all! I need to do some serious work outs to look like that before we go on our cruise! Man it looks warm, I am a little jealous because someone somewhere is doing exactly that at this very moment!!!

suzan said...

I'm totally in "winter burnout mode" too! It was fun to see your pictures of someplace warm. Looks like fun. Maybe I will have to do a post from an old trip to lighten up my spirits too! Ahhh.. tank tops and flip flops...
:)

John-n-Mel said...

Wow, don't we all wish we were on a cruise! That's awesome! Plus what kind of workouts did you do? I want to look that good in a bikini!!!