Ok...so those of you who know my husband, know that he is VERY involved in politics. Not that he runs for office, but that he always knows exactly what is going on and has a definite opinion about everything. What kind of opinion? Well, he starting listening to Rush Limbagh at 12 yrs old and his pastime reading as a kid...Yes, Rush Limbagh books. Luckily, I don't mind because I do care. When I was in college and filed my taxes for the first time on my own (not as a dependent under my parents) I realized how screwed up this country is on a lot of levels--and that disdain for BIG government has only grown since then. Government is too big, we are WAY over-taxed, and the money is completely misused and wasted on ineffective government programs. We saw first hand what happens to our tax dollars living and working on the Navajo Reservation with federal money.
So, here is my plea! This is the only political post I will do until the final election, so bear with me. We have lived in 5 of the states that will be voting on Super Tuesday - Colorado, Utah, Illinois, Tennessee and Arizona - so we still have friends in all those states and this is my plea to all of you in those states to get out and vote. I have never claimed myself a Republican...I am just a conservative, so I won't even talk about the democrat side of this--Democrats mean bigger government and more programs. They think that we Americans are all too dumb to take care of ourselves and it should be government's responsibility to do everything for us...so I am not even going to give them the time of day in this. My plea is to vote for the right Republican.
It is down to John McCain and Mitt Romney. Yes, Mitt is a mormon, as am I, but I'm not voting for a church leader here...so I could care less about his religion. I want a presidential candidate who is not a lifetime politician. I want a candidate who will look at this behometh government and actually make some real changes and improvements. John McCain has spent the last 25 years in government....since 1982! And what significant conservative things has he accomplished? Absolutely nothing. He claims he wants to lower taxes, yet he voted against both Bush tax cuts in 2001 and 2003. He sided with Ted Kennedy on amnesty for all illlegal immigrants. He has co-sponsored all kinds of liberal bills that have only created MORE spending in government and MORE programs. He is a liberal in disguise and will do nothing but keep our government growing. Many people have mentioned, including Mike Reagan, that McCain is also an angry man and has great disdain for anyone who does not agree with him.
On the flip side, Mitt Romney is not a career politician. He is an entrepreneurial business man who knows how to make a business work. That is what he did for a living. He'd buy companies that were failing, figure out what was wrong, fix them, and turn them around. This created jobs, improved the economy, created more tax revenue, etc. I believe he'd bring accountability to Washington again. He understands economics...he understands by REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE that less taxes = better economy. He also understands the other important issues of protecting our borders, the health care crisis, energy, etc.
I hope that all of you who have the opportunity to vote this Tuesday will really learn about the two candidates and make the best choice for our country. For those of you who want our government to be restored to the fiscally conservative, effective government it once was...go to the website http://www.citizensunited.org/. It is a great website for conservative research. And I say Good Luck, Mitt, on Tuesday.


2 comments:
is there a presidential election coming up?!!
okay, i know at least that there is one. i am so bad at deciding who i like though. maybe that's b/c i don't pay any attention to what any of them are doing. can i get a download of your brain please? :)
Thanks for that Jelina!
Seriously, I agree with you 100%! John McCain is a politician, and a politician will tell you just what you want to hear all the time to meet his end goal..Election. I seriously see Mitt as a doer and that is such a good thing. He is totally the type to get in there and get it done.
Thanks for the reminder!
Post a Comment