Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Potty Success!!!

So, its been awhile since I've put anything on here. Life has been work, snow, kids, more work, more snow...love the snow, though. Except I got stuck in my own driveway yesterday. The plow wouldn't start, so we made do...and got stuck! The main reason for my entry today, though, is we may have found some success with potty training. Bryson has now gone 1/2 of yesterday and so far today without an accident. He has actually gone in the potty FOUR TIMES! It is a miracle. This kid has wanted nothing to do with it. However, I bravely let the diapers run out...so he didn't have a choice, and it may have worked. (The potty prize box helped, too...the kid has a sweet tooth.) We'll see how the rest of today goes. Wish me luck!

I also wanted to post some pictures of the beautiful place we live. There is something special about the quiet country. I absolutely love it. I love the views, the space...it is so peaceful to my busy mind. So, here is a picture of our house, finally, for those who have been asking to see it. I'll take some inside pics one of these days and post them. The silver on the exterior is corrugated zinc-coated tin. It definitely helps along the bottom with all the snow. The rest is cedar board and bat and stone at the porch columns--with some still unstained woodwork (give me until next summer--I was pretty sick of staining by the time they got that part up--and pregnant). This pic was taken prior to our last two major storms, so you can almost double the snow.

This picture is from the backyard showing our views. Hard to really see from a picture, but on a clear day like this you can actually see Sun Valley's famous Bald Mountain from our house...it is the mountain in the center of this picture. It's just farmland out here, so no looking into my next door neighbors windows everyday.
My exercising efforts have been to snowshoe around my property. Here I am pulling Colton in the sled. Thought it wouldn't be too hard...but with 3' of snow...it is dang hard. The first time left me completely breathless after 20 minutes. If I keep it up, though, I'll be in great shape by the time I have this baby. (Easier to lose the weight after if I exercise during). I haven't been too keen on going out there, though, lately with it being 10 below with the wind chill. It needs to warm up. I'm not that crazy. I drove to Boise last Wednesday and hit -20 degrees in a town called Fairfield...with major wind...so it was probably 40 below with the wind chill. Too cold for me.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Yeah Bryson.

suzan said...

I LOVE your house!!!

John-n-Mel said...

Wow, you're house is gorgeous as is the land around it! So happy for you! and check you out snowshoeing and pregnant! You're amazing!

John-n-Mel said...

PS-Congrats and good luck with the potty training. I've done the same thing, although I wasn't quite as brave. I do have pull-ups for when we actually leave the house!

YEAH Bryson!