So, its December 10th – my 36th Birthday. I’m already feeling a little down that I’m getting so close to the big 40. Ben loves to rub it in by telling me I round up to 40 and he still rounds down to 30 for another year. That’s what I get for marrying someone younger than me. I can just imagine what it will be like when I become a “senior citizen” before him. Anyway…back to the day…I’d been home as a single parent for the last few days because Ben has been working in Salt Lake. We have as much snow already this year as we had all of last year, and we still have the cows – not to be butchered for another week. Ben had been kind enough to set up a couple different areas already with feed, so the previous day I just had to open some gates and fill the water troughs. No big deal. Friday, my birthday, however, I had to do the feeding. It was VERY cold and snowy and the feed was in the back pasture where there is no pitchfork to be found. I’m mad! Last time I had to do this I couldn’t find the knife to cut the twine on the bails—this time with the knife ALWAYS in my coat pocket, I couldn’t find the pitchfork. So, instead of going back to the house and calling Ben to find the pitchfork, I angrily hand carry the hay across the paddock and over the fence. Then I notice blood. Chewi, who was out there with me, stepped on a sharp piece of metal under the snow and sliced her paw open. Blood is everywhere in the snow…and now its going to be everywhere in my garage because I can’t leave her outside unattended…and after cleaning up 4 HUGE piles of Rottweiler dog poop in the house the day before, she will not be in the house. The vet said there was nothing they can do with sliced paws—they just have to heal on their own…which is exactly what happened. Nice start to my birthday, huh?
It ended up not being all bad. I got lots of nice birthday wishes from so many people and celebrated the evening at the Hailey 1st Ward Christmas Party. Happy Birthday to Me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment