Monday, June 7, 2010

Here Comes June! FINALLY!

School ended…and we were off! I have come to LOVE summer so much. It is so short, so we better enjoy it while we’ve got it, right. My goal for the summer is not 1 wasted day. The only “big” project we have going on is trying to get our grass in around the house.
We started off with a weekend with family in Boise. We attended a wedding of a childhood friend of Ben’s in Caldwell and celebrated Ben’s brother John’s birthday. The kids love to go to Uncle John’s and spend time with their older cousin Ethan who is teaching them to skateboard.
VID00207
It was so great. Bryson started out riding like he is above…then Colton comes over and says “You aren’t doing it right!” You tell me…look at these two pictures and tell me who is “doing it right.”
VID00208
Typical older brother, isn’t it? At least he eventually stood up.VID00209
Next stop…Genesee, Idaho. Never heard of it? Neither had I until Ben’s brother Joseph and his family moved there. Genessee is right between Lewiston & Moscow, Idaho. If you are driving to Moscow from Lewiston and you blink—you’ll miss it.
Just me and the boys drove up to Genesee on Hwy 95 along a fork of the Payette River. It was a stunning drive. I had never been to northern Idaho. I had no idea what to expect. The rivers were RAGING thanks to all the rain we had been having the first of June. The rolling hills of farm fields were bright green and some filled with a yellow-flowering alfalfa. The most surprising thing was that all these beautiful farms did not have any sprinkler lines. There is actually somewhere in Idaho wet enough to not need irrigation. It made it all the more beautiful. It didn’t seem like Idaho at all. On to the trip…

1 comment:

Tana said...

I like what you said, "Not a single wasted day!" I need to take that to heart!