Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Photoshop Classes Actually Bring Results...

My scrapbooking days have been non-existant for quite some time. I have a "rough" scrapbook that goes through high school then stops...then picks up again with Ben and I dating through our first married year...then NOTHING. I got frustrated with not being that creative, the mess it makes, and how little I could accomplish...so I decided on giving digital scrapbooking a try and bought Adobe Photoshop Elements. This just created even more frustration. I am a computer software consultant--I can figure out any software easily--but not this. I couldn't get it to do anything I wanted, so I finally decided to take a class. I've been taking a class for the past 4 weeks. Below is the result of 4 weeks of classes. I didn't come up with this design on my own (I'm not one for only using 1 picture for an entire page), but I was really happy with this one. I thought it turned out beautifully and decided to share. I think I'm going to try this digital thing, now, and see how far I get. I may go to just putting some pictures in a photo album. We'll see.


3 comments:

Lenore McEntire said...

Curtis and Shae think your scrapbook page is great, but we are all wondering why Anna's name is not listed yet at the top of your blog page. ;)

suzan said...

My mother in law is way into scrap booking and she just got Photoshop and took classes too. She LOVES it! I think it is really cool! Are you home with baby Anna yet?

Lisa said...

Anna is such a sweet little thing! She's already photogenic at such a young age! I am with you: digital scrapbooking is the way to go. I haven't tried tons of it yet, but what I have tried is way better than cutting and pasting and buying embellishments. Technology is awesome.