Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

To the two most important men in my life - My hubby and My dad!

First, Ben...
...the dad who blesses his children to "have a sense of humor" during the priesthood baby blessing at church
...the dad who insists on having "space and land and animals" so his children grow up knowing how to work
...the dad who can demand obedience and respect (and get it), yet still show love, kindness and be fun...he keeps us all laughing!

...the dad who has taught his boys how fun it is to fart LOUD (I don't know if that is a good one or not)
...the dad who will take his boys for a ride in the jeep, a hike in the woods, out on the boat, to the shooting range, outside to fly kites, build lego projects, read books...or just sit with them in his chair and watch Nascar races

This is what Colton said about his dad today: His very favorite thing to do with dad is when dad lets him help fix things with his tools.

I'm grateful for a husband who takes his role of father very seriously, but can still have fun. He is my best friend and I'm glad we are in this parenting thing together. I love you.


Now, my own dad...
...What can I say? I couldn't ask for a better dad. We have developed a very close relationship over the years...Ever since I was no longer a teenage girl that made him crazy with worry all the time. Thanks for always believing in me, dad, and never giving up.


I love him for so many things--for how he treats and loves...no adores...no worships my mom; for asking and valuing my opinion on work or personal matters; for being so good at everything he does; for loving all of us kids no matter what; and most importantly at this time in my life for being the best "Pop" in the world. My kids love their pop--he wrestles with them, he plays monster with them, he loves them so much and they can't get enough of their pop. Thanks, dad! I love you.

2 comments:

Johnston Family said...

Two great Dads!

John-n-Mel said...

Wow, what a tribute & what great men! Happy Father's Day!