Monday, May 23, 2011

Tigers & Black Eagles

For the first time, we had both boys in soccer.   Ben and I had to split up on game days…since a lot of weeks they both played at the same time on fields completely across town from one another.  4 Hours of practice/week added a little more to my already full schedule, but it was worth it. 

Bryson’s first year.  So fun to watch 6 year olds try and figure the game out.  It took Bryce about three weeks to finally realize “Oh, I’m supposed to dribble the ball toward the goal and shoot!”  He got two goals that game and two more shots.  Still, he tended to be part of the “blob” that is notorious in early soccer.  He had fun, though.  I wish I had a picture of the whole team.  They were a cute little bunch of “Tigers”: Luca, Twins West & Ruby, Gretta, Enzo, Mosi, and Noel.

IMG_6235

The Black Eagles were quite the team this year.  They went completely undefeated, even against Twin Falls.  They were a great team that worked really well together.  It didn’t hurt that they had Adari (the future professional).  Although, it wasn’t just Adari who made the scores…every kid on the team contributed to that, even Colton.

pic0001 Black Eagles Coach Cindy Theobold with Angel, Adari, Kaiden, Tatnel, Ashton (back row) Niles, Fisher, Colton & Jade (front row)

 DSC_7443 DSC_7445 DSC_7478 DSC_7485

 DSC_7808[1]

We’ll miss the Sawtooth United Association once moving to SLC, but I won’t miss the freezing cold games (literally 26 degrees) and practices.

In the entire season there were only 2 practices and 2 games warm enough for me to sit outside.  Nope.  Definitely won’t miss that.

No comments: