Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Disney World – Day 2 MAGIC KINGDOM

IMG_5874

We took the ferry to Magic Kingdom the 2nd day…which takes you right by one of my favorite hotels, The Grand Floridian.

I spent the night here for my 19th Birthday in December of 1993.  It was decorated for Christmas complete with actual chestnuts roasting over on open fire out front.  Most of the members of the singles ward I attended while living there were Disney workers, so thanks to some friends, I also got to spend my birthday waterskiing right here in Disney Lagoon.  Its a beautiful hotel and a memory I will never forget.

                                  IMG_5872

Daddy picking up Mom’s wheelchair for Day 2 with Anna catching a solo ride.  Notice her sparkly pink shoes.  These are part of Slyvia’s dress up collection (Sylvia is Anna’s daycare provider).  Sylvia let Anna take them to Disney knowing how much she loved them.  When Anna put them on she specifically said, “I want to wear these shoes so Cinderella will see them.”  Well, the next day when we had our Princess Lunch, the shoes were the first thing Cinderella commented on.  She was thrilled.  Thank you Cinderella.IMG_5879

                         IMG_5875

Some tired kids finding refuge on mom’s wheelchair while watching a street band perform.

IMG_5880Magic Kingdom is not complete without a stop at the Country Bear Jamboree.  Again, nothing’s changed.

One of the best parts of Magic Kingdom was a fun stop to explore on Tom Sawyer Island.  The kids loved it.  It gave them time to run and play.  With little ones, it is a must do.

MK0050 MK0051 MK0052      

All set up and ready for the electric lights parade.  This is when the wheelchair came in handy.  They have great reserved areas for wheelchairs and their families. :)

IMG_5884

Dad also figured out the key to keeping the kids happy this late into the evening after an already LONG day…

SUGAR and Lots of It!

IMG_5882

(Note to Dentist)  Dr. Hill, I hope we don’t pay for this later.  But with our luck with Colton’s teeth, I’m sure we will..

:)

MK0063

What an amazing parade!  Definitely worth sticking around for!

MK0059

 IMG_5891 

 IMG_5885

What we were all waiting for…Anna spotting her favorite princess!

IMG_5887

  Cinderalla

IMG_5888

And then there was Snow White who came right up to Anna.  Anna didn’t know what to do.  She froze.  It was so cute.

IMG_5890

Afterwards was an incredible spectacle on Cinderella’s Castle and then fireworks. 

Amazing!

IMG_5914

The end of Day 2…in spite of the sugar, they still passed out.  (Kind of…Colton is faking it a bit…nice smile “in your sleep.”)

MK0072

MK0075

No comments: