I make the same ones EVERY year!
1) Exercise more...some years it's 5 or 6x/week
some years it has been as ambitious as entering a race
2) Increase my spirituality by studying the scriptures every dayand praying morning and night
3) Be a happier mom, yell less, play more
4) Shave my legs more often
And EVERY year I fail.
(Let me give myself a little credit, though...
I think I have been improving my mothering year after year,
practice helps,
so I guess I'm not a complete failure.)

So why make them every year?
Because one of these years I'm actually going to accomplish them,
dang it!
I can't give up, yet.
I'm only 34.
I have a lot more years ahead of me to fail
...or succeed.
Is this the year to succeed?
I doubt it, since I'm off to a really bad start.
But who says you have to start your resolutions on January 1st?
So, I will make my resolutions for 2009
and do my best to acheive them
starting Monday.
This year, though, here on this blog, at least...I'm just not going to be so specific
Then maybe I can keep going all year without getting so discouraged.
So, I am going to make a resolution to
1) Be Healthier.
I know that means exercise and healthy eating...
then, if I do something healthy everyday, I won't feel like such a failure

2) Be More Spiritual.
I know that means I'd better still read and pray...
then, if I do something to increase my sprituality everyday, I won't feel like such a failure
3) Be a Better Mom.
There are so many things I can do to here...
I better not be a failure.
4) Shave my legs every other shower :)
So, best of luck to all of you with New Year's Resolutions.
And SWASS girls...I'll be back on the wagon starting Monday.
Are you with me?
Sunset pictures courtesy of my Brother-in-law James.
I had to get them in here somewhere.
5 comments:
Wow! B E A U T I F U L!
Sounds like my resolutions. If it helps I found this web site myfitnesspal.com you can track your calories and excercise. I have been using it for me and Brian for around 2 weeks and I really like it and its free!
These pictures were taken by Alecia(James' daughter). She caught that beautiful moment when the snow-clouds disperse just in time for sunset.
I love your resolutions. They sound like mine minus the shaving my legs more often. I should, but never thought to have it as one of my resolutions. You crack me up.
The pictures are beautiful. I miss the country scenery.
Your resolutions sound like mine every year too. :) Glad to see I'm in good company. I think I watched a Sesame Street today that taught Practice makes perfect, or was it if you practice and keep trying you'll get really good. Good luck or rather keep trying
Post a Comment