Tuesday, January 6, 2009

An Island Park New Year

We headed to Island Park New Years Day to spend the weekend
snowmobiling with my brother Dave and his kids
I don't have any pictures of the adventure getting to our cabin.
Let's just say that my husband wasn't very happy with me.
(That is an understatement)
I didn't get directions...and went with MapQuest,
which led us the wrong way up the street
to a dead end while pulling a huge snowmobile trailer.
We got trapped. The snowmobile trailer had to be unhooked
and swung around by a tractor,
then the Nissan had to be pulled out with chains.
Not fun.
But, we made it fine and
the next day we took the kids out for a ride.
Bryson on Daddy's sled
(He fell asleep during the trip out on Dave's sled--
I will never understand how kids can do that)
Me and Anna...yes, I'm a crazy mom who took my 7 month old snowmobiling
She was bundled well...and slept almost the entire time.


Brooke with Ian. This was her first time driving on her own.
She did a great job.
Mandi & Ian
Dave & Lilly

More pictures of my little bundle


The next day was COLD. I don't think it made it out of the single digits.
Dave, Mandi & the girls agreed to watch the kids, though,
so Ben and I could take a ride.
Can't pass that up, even if it is only 9 degrees
We rode to Mesa Falls...absolutely INCREDIBLE

No, my husband isn't trying to push me off.
He just wasn't moving fast enough to beat the self-timer.

He did it here, though.
I have to admit, it was kind of unnerving standing on all that snow
and not really having a railing to protect you.
It only went to Ben's knee.
The trails follow Henry's Fork of the Snake River

The river was beautiful blue and full of white swans.
Saturday night got to be 24 below.
COLD, but fun.
Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

WOW! That looks like so much fun! Mesa Falls is SO beautiful during the Summer. I bet it is amazing during the Winter. However, I am with you. I would have been army crawling to get to where you were! YIKES!