Jay, Evan, Chris, Travis and I at Pole Crick in the Stanley Basin. We didn't quite make it up as high as we wanted to go - but we were being lead by a Skidoo...... Thanks Travis.
At the Smiley Crick parking lot when we got back from the ride - a small yellow plane from Caldwell had landed and couldn't take off again from the snow packed runway. We towed it to the highway by putting a sled under the back wheel and steadying the wings over the bridge and onto the highway. Some guys stopped traffic and they took off from the highway back to Caldwell. The best part is the pilot warning us to be careful when towing the plane "it's worth $180,000 you know..." Right! That's being careful in landing in Stanley and not being able to take off again. I love Idaho.
3 comments:
That IS funny! I was kinda wondering what the heck the guy was thinking landing there anyway!
Glad you guys had fun. Ryan TOTALLY needs to go with you guys sometime.
Chris was sad he couldn't go. Looks like he missed quite the adventure.
Not to, be, like setting up blind dates for my husband or anything but he loves to ride and doesn't have anyone to ride with here. We are such an island in the Sun Valley ward. Seriously. Also, I totally want your two week menu!
Post a Comment