So, last year, I did a birthday tribute for each of my brothers. This year, it is going to be their wives...my sisters-in-law.
Here is a picture of all of us from Christmas 2005
Well, today is Becky's Birthday. So she gets to be the first to
get the blog Birthday Tribute.
Since we lived across the country from one another, we didn't get to know eachother that well, unfortunately...until Oct 2003. I was moving from Chicago to Arizona by myself with a 4 month old baby. My husband was in some other state finishing a project, but I had to report to work. There was no way I could have done it without Becky. We hooked up in Salt Lake, flew to Phoenix, picked up a car, went to Sam's Club and loaded up with groceries, then drove the 4 1/2 hours to Window Rock, Arizona, on the Navajo Reservation where a house was supposed to be ready and waiting. Well, it wasn't. We ended up in a hotel for 5 days, I think. We had all our food in coolers and kept having to add ice every day to keep it from getting ruined. I think we spent almost 2 weeks together (maybe more--my memory is lacking). It was during that time that I think she finally came to understand and appreciate me for me...and it was the same for me with her. We now knew eachother and had become the best of friends. I still remember one of the last nights she was there, we stayed up and talked almost the entire night. Its those "girl talk" moments that friendships are created and solidified.
She is amazing person, a wonderful mom (it helps that she has 3 practically perfect kids!), a beautiful wife to my brother, and a great sister-in-law. Happy Birthday, little FISH! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment