Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Food Nanny



Meet Liz. One of the funnest, happiest people I have ever met... and she's a great cook... and she's a dear friend (I taught her now married youngest daughter in Primary when she was 5 yrs old)...and she has a new cookbook: The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner

This isn't just any cookbook, though. Most of you who know me, know that I always plan my meals at least a week in advance and then rotate that meal plan every 8-12 weeks or so. Then, I don't have to keep coming up with what to cook all the time. Those plans usually were created by having a beef night, a chicken night, a seafood night, etc...Well, Liz's book here introduces an even better idea for meal planning. I LOVE IT!

Mondays - Comfort Food Night (this includes all those cream of chicken/cream of mushroom/lots of sour cream foods, that you really should only make once a week)

Tuesdays - Italian Night

Wednesdays - Fish/Meatless Night

Thursdays - Mexican Night

Friday - Pizza Night

Saturday - Grill Night

Sundays - Traditions (crock pot, especially for us church goers)

So, I am re-doing all my 2-week meal plans and adding some of Liz's recipes. The ones I've tested so far are great! I would definitly recommend her book to anyone.

I love to cook, but I also don't like spending more than an hour on dinner, so most of my recipes are under 30 minutes--some I've created, others are from my mom, Liz, Southern Living's cookbook, BH&G, Kraft, and friends. My meal plans credit wherever the recipe comes from. If any of you are interested in getting my 2-week plans every two weeks, just let me know via email: jelinapetz@gmail.com.

Happy Cooking!

4 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

That is a really good idea! I don't have a cycle going, but I do usually plan meals at least 2 weeks in advance. I like the themed idea. It really helps you jump into a variety of different meals. I like it. Thanks for the book suggestion. I will have to get it.

Amanda said...

That name sounds vaguely familiar. Where is she from-good ideas!

Anonymous said...

That all sounds great, what time do we eat?

MyR said...

I'm NOT a planner with meals but I should be. I enjoy cooking but hate deciding! I really should plan now that I live here and try to buy food once a month on the Twin Falls trips. Count me in your meal planning emails! I need all the help I can get.