
Our ward had a wonderful Christmas party on Saturday. We received a notice to "Come to Bethlehem to be taxed." Ben, however, was asked to play a Roman Centurian gathering taxes. So, I decided his sons would join him.

Sheets, pillowcases, brown felt, aluminum foil and....a red velvet dress from 1972 (Thanks mom) turned these men (and boys) into excellent Roman Soldiers.

Yes, the red velvet is from an unfinished bridesmaid dress of my mom's from 1972. I knew I was going to use it someday. I thought it would be a dress for me, but when am I ever going to wear a red velvet dress--I'm not in high school anymore.
This evening definitly portrayed the true spirit of Christmas, which is Christ and his birth. The choir sang as the nativity was recreated. We had a market with excellent "authentic to the time" food. Enjoy the slide show of pictures.
5 comments:
Looks like fun. Did they do this when I lived there? Or did I just not know about it?
I am SO glad you put up pictures Jelina! I missed it, and really wanted to see how it turned out. Michelle worked so hard on this. I am sure it was perfect!
Your boys look AWESOME! Good job!
How did Michelle get everyone to be such good sports? It seems like a few people would have complained about dressing up, but everyone looks so into it! I'm sad I missed it...
I am sad I missed it too. I am so glad to see that it turned out so well. What a neat experience for everyone.
Looks like we missed a fun night. Chris' company dinner wasn't all that exciting. :(
Post a Comment