
Getting married in the year 2000 makes it really easy to remember how many years we've been married. Eight years doesn't seem that long--but SO much has happened in the last 8 years. We met in May of 2000 in Georgia, then I was transferred to Tennessee and we bought a house while we were unofficially engaged. We were officially engaged in September and married in December. Then there was Atlas (can't forget the dog), then it was off to Chicago, then there was Colton, then Arizona, then Bryson, then Colorado, then Idaho, then Anna...and now 8 years later here we are.
I scheduled this to post while we are off on our annual anniversary outing. It is my year to plan--but sorry everyone, it isn't as exciting this year. We only have 1 night and a baby to work around. So, we are staying at the Inn on the Hill near Temple Square for the night, going to dinner and a show. So, it isn't New York or San Francisco or a snowmobile trip...but we are together ALONE (that means WITHOUT children). Thanks Mom & Dad for always letting us do this every year.
And...to my husband. Thank you for a wonderful 8 years. It has been more than I could have hoped for. I can say that we have experienced a lot in the last 8 years together. We've moved 6 times, we've remodeled 2 houses and built 1 from new together and survived, we worked together for 3 years and survived, we have 3 beautiful children and are surviving (some days barely :)...and most importantly we still have fun together. Thank You. I love you! Happy Anniversary.
4 comments:
I agree, getting married in 2000 was smart (at least Jay can remember how many years ALOT easier). Happy Anniversary and man Ben looks wierd with hair!! =)
Congratulations on 8 years!! I think that is great that you guys go on a trip every Anniversary. I plan to do that every year, but in the end all we ever are able to squeeze in is a sushi dinner, oh well, I'll take it!
Hope you had a great time at The Inn on the Hill!
I didn't get married in 2000, but I had Kallie that year. She loves that she knows exactly how old she'll be in 2057!
Congrats you two little lovebirds!
Congratulations Petzingers! Beautiful wedding picture!
Post a Comment