Monday, August 25, 2008

1st Day of School

The kid who doesn't get up before 9:30 am most mornings, was up, dressed and in his backpack by 8:30...but school doesn't start until 11:30. He was SO excited. I dropped him off and he was OFF...there was no hanging back with mom. He had quite a few friends in his class from his preschool and church, so he wasn't shy at all.
After Bryce saw Colton go off to school, he was ready, too. He wasn't about to be the one to stay with mom. So, I dropped him off at his afternoon preschool class...no fear with him, either. I guess that is my job - right - raise kids who can venture out on their own. I hope they both have a good day. I know I will. Peace and quiet for about 3 hours a day! Yeah!

Ya...I know...flip flops for the first day of school. It is still 90 degrees...and all he has is tennis shoes.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Im pretty sure Brady was wishing he was going to school with colton. One nice thing about here is with the bus ride Brady is gone for 5 hours and krissa for 8. What will I do with myself=)

John-n-Mel said...

oh please tell me how you got your kids to have no fear?! I can't stand the tears and the cries. Good job and how nice to have the afternoons to spend with your lil girl

Norris Fam said...

It's definitely bitter-sweet that's for sure! You love them, and miss them but a few hours to get stuff done is certainly nice :)

The Hills said...

I think Colton is the only reason Preston leaves my side and runs for the playground:)