Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lucky to be ALIVE

Duke
(not officially a picture of the real Duke...
but the same breed as the Mastiff shown below)
vs. Atlas
(An official picture of my 5 lb mini pinscher)

Yes. They met. And it wasn't pretty.

Duke is my parent's next door neighbor Ned Seigfried's dog

(of Seigfried & Jensen Law firm for those of you from Utah)

And he doesn't like other dogs. Especially little ones.

Atlas was pulled from Duke's mouth by my hero sister-in-law Shae while I was attempting to wrestle the Mastiff to the ground.

Why was it just Shae and I? I don't know. Why don't you ask Ben, my brother AND my dad who were standing there watching the whole thing.

Yes, Atlas is ok. Luckily we retrieved him from the jaws of death before skin could be broken...but he was covered in nice Mastiff slobber.

5 comments:

Just Us said...

Holy cow! I am glad Atlas is okay. I think that dog probably could of just swallowed Atlas without chewing.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I bet that scared the crap out of you! Poor atlas...although the dose of humility probably did him good! You have one little big dog! :) I am glad he is okay. AND I am glad Mr. Mastiff didn't decide to eat YOU for lunch!

Norris Fam said...

You probably don't remember, but I was bitten by a big german hunting dog who was about to eat Beau. I could tell he was at his wits end with the annoying little yappy thing so I hurried to pick up Beau and the hunting dog bit my thigh instead! Sometimes I think I should have let him eat Beau (not really :)!

Anonymous said...

I think Ben was waiting for Obama to come and bail Atlas out.

Michelle & Matt's Clan said...

Atlas is always in trouble. If he's not almost drowning in Lake Alturas,he's being shot by his neighbor or wrestled from the jaws of, really, that was a horse, right?