Durango-Silverton Steam Powered Engine

Thanks Nate & Becky for being great hosts! Glad we didn't have to entertain the bear (stay tuned for future post regarding the bear for those who don't know the story)

Kids at "Handlebar's" Saloon in Silverton
Colton posing in front of what remains of Animas Forks, an old mining town that used to house 450 people - even with 10' high snow winters
Colton made a game of counting how many marmots he could see on our 4x4 trek
My dad took his Lexus where no Lexus has probably been before...a jeep trail loop that took us to at least 14000 ft...above tree line. It was incredible.
Old mining cabin
Waterfalls were everywhere
It was a great trip. Thanks Mom & Dad, Nate & Becky!
1 comment:
Oh good, I can leave a comment now!
WOW, that place looks so amazing! It looks like something out of a movie. Thanks so much for sharing, I would love to go there someday if I am ever near Durango.
Post a Comment