Ok, so wakeboarding anywhere else in October is no big deal…but its pretty unheard of at Alturas. With the beautiful weekend we were going to have we couldn’t pass up the opportunity for one more day on the lake. So, Friday afternoon we headed up early to Alturas. It was beautiful, glass water and we had the lake completely to ourselves!
We did a little uneventful fishing, then Ben ventured into the frigid 50 degree water to take advantage of the glassy water on a wakeboard. I decided to wait until Saturday so I wouldn’t have to sleep with freezing wet hair.
Happy campers…all in bed with mommy in the morning.
Happy cook!
Happy dog!
Happy lake!
Cool tree found by the kids…love the facial expressions in the first one.
Since it was still 50 degrees Saturday morning, we decided to venture up the Alpine Creek Trail AGAIN. We did it 2 years ago…see this post: The Ants Go Marching
The boys did an incredible job (much better than last time). Even Anna did a little hiking. When she wasn’t on me or daddy’s shoulders.
Even Atlas did good…although it looks like he’s looking up at Anna wishing that was him, I’m sure. He hiked the entire thing, though, without being carried.
Chewi and Anna making a run for the destination….FINALLY!
Off come the clothes…as if they’d ever really get totally wet.
Parting shot…
A sleeping baby girl using daddy’s head as a pillow.
2 comments:
That is so much fun! After I talked to you on the phone it totally hit me....YOU WERE GOING CAMPING! How fun! And I do have to say, I don't care how cold that water is...being in it is enough to make me happy!
I miss that place! You're boys have gotten really TALL! wow!
Miss ya!
Post a Comment