Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Puerto Vallarta Entry 3: Monkeys, Snakes & Zip Lines

I meant to do all these posts last week, but the pics were on my mom's computer...and it crashed. So...it is a little late, but here nonetheless.

We spent a day doing the Los Veranos Canopy Tour, which also included feeding some of these little marmoset monkeys.


Is that not the cutest thing you've ever seen!
This was a 2 mth old baby


They'd just climb all over you eating rice out of your hands.
They were so light you couldn't even feel them standing on you.
They also loved to eat these big daddy-long leg spider things.
They'd grab the spider so fast and eat its body, then chew on its legs.
Weird.

The spider monkeys weren't as "cuddly", they'd jump on you
real quick, grab some food, then move on.
They had the weirdest looking fingers...their fingers look just like ours.

I'm the one taking these pictures while monkeys are climbing all over me
It was surpised it didn't bother me
Unlike the Python...

Shae took it right on
So did Ben

I used to be fine with snakes, but here I am trying to be brave



The snake fell onto my hair clip and I thought it would hurt it,
so I was getting really tense and kept thinking about how dogs and horses
can sense when you are tense and they get tense, too.
I thought the snake would react to my reaction
It was freaking me out...obviously!
We then did the zip line tour
Even my mom who is totally afraid of heights!
It was a lot of fun. The guides were great.
They let us ride backwards and upside down

Even let Shae & Curt ride together
The Canopy Sutra...they called it.

At the end of the zip line there was a great little restaraunt next to the river
we had been flying over, with built in waterslides, and great food!
It was a good day!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That snake is going to give me nightmares:(

The Hills said...

Awesome!! Seriously, that makes me want to buy a plane ticket RIGHT NOW!! What a fun vacation (even the snake, although I think you're insane!!) Maren