Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Colton's 6th Birthday: Lego Mania

Colton turned 6 years old.
Six.
Has it been that long since I labored for
14 long hours in misery and pain for
a screaming, colicky baby boy
in a Barrington, Illinois hospital...?
Six years for that colicky baby boy to grow
into someone so special.
(My 3rd birthday cake attempt...
and the only one I would consider successful...
...it's lego's if you couldn't tell, Jared!!...)
Now that I've presented the cake, I can proceed with
the tribute to my Colton.
He can be so thoughtful, helpful and happy.

He loves to make those around him laugh.

He loves to learn about EVERYTHING.

He works hard in school...
and at everything else he puts his mind to doing.

Which is sometimes a problem, when it wasn't "in his mind to do."
He is his mother's child.

This last year:
He learned how to ride a 2-wheeler bike
( and very well--he rode a 2 mile dirt trail with me the other day)
He finished and excelled in dual-immersion kindergarten.
He decided to be a Nascar racer when he grew up.
We are giving him an early start, here, for his birthday.
He has grown to LOVE his little sister
more than I think he even thought possible.
How can you not love that?!

He has taken on so much more responsibility
around the farm,
helping his dad move pipe,
move water,
water the cows,
repair fences.
It's just going to get better, Colton!
We love you very much.
Thank you for being such a great boy!

No comments: