Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I feel so loved!

Have I ever mentioned how I love green plants and flowers?
Well, it has been almost 6 years since I've had a planter (or even a yard) filled with flowers. Arizona was a zero-scape rock yard and when I put out planters with flowers, the cows ate them all and dumped my planters.
So, for Mother's Day this year, I got to go pick out a planter
and the flowers to fill it.
Finally I get to look at something other than our dirt yard. Yeah!
Not only that, but I got invited to a Mother's Day Tea
at Colton's Kindergarten Class
I was seated by Colton,
adorned with a beautiful bead necklace
and crown (which I wore the rest of the day),
served apple juice and treats,
then treated with a performance of song & dance.
I even got this portrait of me.
At least I look like a girl...(even if I do have tree trunk arms)
It was a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.
Thanks Ben & kids!
Thanks to Ben's mom who also joined us for the weekend.
Happy (Late) Mother's Day to all.

1 comment:

Norris Fam said...

Ha! The tree trunk arms made me laugh!

My mother's day paper from Syd said that if she could buy me anything it would be a heart. (She later clarified that she meant a heart necklace though).