On Sunday, the primary president told the kids a story about a family going through a really hard time, so they decided to create a family blessing basket...and each night they all placed something they were grateful for in their blessing basket. The more they recognized the things they were grateful for, the more blessings they realized they had. She encouraged the kids to go home and create their own blessing basket for this Thanksgiving and to come back next Sunday with a list of things they are grateful for.
I feel like I need to recognize my blessings more every day. We truly are SO blessed it is almost overwhelming. I like how Carrie and Jen place what they are grateful for on their blog as a side post. So, I am going to do the same. Thanks girls.And today, I am grateful for my friends who are always there ready to help, ready to play, and ready to motivate me to be a better person.
3 comments:
And I can't wait to play next week. I am so excited.
That is a great idea, I think we will do that here at home.
I think things like this help us keep perspective during stressful times. Sometimes little things can get blown out of proportion...it's nice to slow down and re-focus sometimes!
I miss all you friends who are always ready to help and ready to play...
I love this idea and ditto what Norris Family said... hard times bring you right back down to earth, it is where I want to stay. Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment