Happy Birthday, Jake! I know he loves it when I call him my "baby" brother--but to me he is...and a brother who I almost didn't want to have anything to do with. I was in sixth grade when he was born. I was called out of my class to take a phone call from my dad. Dad said, "Guess what! You have another brother!" I already had 4 and I wanted a sister more than anything in the world. I said to him, "I don't want another brother!" and hung up on him. What a rude and ungrateful child. But, all it took was one look at him in the hospital and I loved him instantly. I was a teenager while Jake was in his growing up years, so I have lots of memories of him. One of my favorites--he loved to tell me stories, but his stories took a REALLY long time to tell and I could get a little impatient. He was so dang cute, though, you couldn't get mad at him. He has always had this quiet confidence about him and I'm so proud of everything he is--especially the amazing husband he is to his wife, Heather. They make such an incredible couple and are SO good to eachother, they put the rest of us to shame.
Jake, Heather & Daisy (their 1st child)
He's so dang smart, too...who knew I'd be calling my youngest brother for help on everything from computers to web site design to engine trouble and who knows what else. He even just won $500 for solving an ISIS puzzle. It's this puzzle thing through The Sharper Image and people have been working on this latest puzzle for 2 months--and he solves it. He and Heather own their own businesses, have lots of different websites...I could go on and on about what a great guy he is. I just want him to know I'm happy to have him as a brother and let him know that I love him (and I hope he doesn't move too far away...hint...hint)

Jake & Heather on the cruise
No comments:
Post a Comment