Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentine Creativity – Year 4

So, my creativity peaks one day a year – Valentine’s Day.  I’ve done homemade valentine’s with the kids every year they’ve been in school.  After this year, though, I don’t know how much longer I can keep it up.  40+ valentines now for the boys…add Ann and we are looking at 60+!  Not sure we can pull that off.

This years efforts took us almost an entire week…because I wanted the boys to do most of the work (which they did everything with the exception of all the cutting.  It would have taken us 3 weeks if they cut everything out).  I think they turned out great.  For the boys, Colton wanted to use little army men.  How do you incorporate gun wielding, bomb throwing army men into a Valentine?  Thanks to my brother Curtis for help with the “phrase” – this is how:

Video 10 0 01 13-26

Video 10 0 01 23-19

So, we made these for all the boys, both in Colton and Bryson’s class…

but even Colton agreed that the girls needed something a little more “girlie”…

So, after cutting out 21 butterflies and 84 dots and finding a piece of candy in this valley that would work for the body

(I couldn’t believe how hard that turned out to be—we ended up with plastic wrapped licorice pieces)…

Video 10 0 00 00-01

We ended up with a table of beautiful butterflies for the girls!

Video 10 0 00 29-30

Video 10 0 00 18-06

Video 10 0 00 11-21

We’ll see how I feel next year if we keep this tradition alive.

1 comment:

suzan said...

your valentines are always so cute! I tried to do some dino ones last year similar to yours from a few years back... but they didn't turn out anywhere near as good. I think I'll just stick to my store bought ones and continue to envy yours :)