We are splitting our time this year between Soldier Mountain in Fairfield, ID and Dollar Mountain in Sun Valley. Last year, the kids got lessons at Sun Valley, but this year they changed their schedule and the lessons were Sunday…so we opted for private lessons at Soldier, instead.
Bryson started out a little tentative this year. Last year I couldn’t get him to turn enough to slow down—he would just fly down the mountain. This year he had a little more fear of falling, so we became REALLY good at S turns down the mountain. His teacher said she thinks he set the record for the most number of turns of any 5 year old she’s seen.
He’s gotten much more confident now and Monday at Dollar he did great.
Colton is doing great. He really seems to be a natural on this board. He’s smooth and calm and in control.
I think he’ll be great by the end of this season. I’m afraid that isn’t the case for camera woman mom.
This is one frame of my lovely wreck – catching my back edge as I was boarding down the hill backwards filming my kids.
Here’s another…taken somewhere during the fall where I smacked the back of my head on the icy hillside and spent a week with a stiff neck.
So much for thinking I can’t wreck just going with my kids. :) Maybe I should wear a helmet from now on.
I have to say, though, it is so great to be able to be up on the mountain again and that I have kids who like to do it. This is definitely a sport we will keep up even after we no longer live 15 miles from a ski resort.
No comments:
Post a Comment