Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Baby # 4 is on its way

It has been a long couple of years as Ben and I have tried to have another baby.  After 5 miscarriages, I am pretty confident that this baby is here to stay.  Tomorrow is my 12 week mark…so I figured I was safe now to let it out!  Yeah!  I haven’t allowed myself to get too excited about the pregnancies, so I surprised myself with how excited I was to find out that this pregnancy was viable.  The heartbeat was strong and fast, the baby was wiggling, there were fingers and toes…and I’ve been sick.  With as much as I hate that, it is a relief to be sick because then I know I’m really pregnant.  We are thrilled to have this baby…we felt strongly that we weren’t done after Anna and had to put it in the Lord’s hands.

12_week_embryo_arms_legs

We found out we were moving to Utah the same weekend we found out we were pregnant again.  Nice timing, I know, but we’ll take it.  It makes sense, though, that we’d be moving before this baby is born…I couldn’t possibly have two babies born in the same state.  That would be completely breaking tradition.  Colton - Illinois; Bryson - New Mexico; Anna - Idaho; Baby #4 – Utah!

As far as the kids go, Colton wants another sister, so there will be two boys and two girls.  Anna says she wants a baby sister, so she’ll have a buddy.  She has to see the baby everyday (ie…look at my belly).  She touches the “baby” and says she is crying.  She is going to be the greatest big sister helper.  I think this baby coming is also going to help with the potty training…diapers are for the new baby, not for Anna.  Right?

Due Date:  August 3rd

Gender: Will know Mid-March

Names: Who knows…any suggestions for a D name?  We have A, B & C already. :)

7 comments:

Joe said...

I have always liked d'Artagnan (pronounced Dartanian) the fourth Musketeer.

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! Another child is so exciting. I am so happy for you and your family.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Oh my gosh!! I could cry! I have been waiting patiently for this post! I am so glad it is finally here! You have totally been in my prayers!

And yay for Utah! It's where all the cool kids move to! :)

D names....hmmm...I am going to have to think on that for a bit!

Heather McEntire said...

We are so excited to have another niece/nephew and can't wait for you to move closer to us! Jake says he/she's name should start with z, because you have gone backwards in the alphabet, Colton, then Bryson, then Anna, next is Zack or Zoey :)

John-n-Mel said...

Congratulations Jelina & Ben!!! On New baby and move to Utah! I hope we follow in you soon although not holding my breath! Congrats & Good Luck with it all!

Katie said...

Congrats J! What a wonderful thing for you. And a big move too! The D name I've come to love since becoming a Merrick is Dean....

Norris Fam said...

Yay for you guys! I'm glad this one's going so well. Good luck with the big move!