Two of the three kids are now in school full-time. Colton moved from Bellevue Elementary on to Hailey Elementary- 2nd grade. The dual-immersion program here is not in one school, so he had to move. Bryson is in full-day kindergarten, dual-immersion at Bellevue Elementary. The two boys ride the bus together to Bellevue, then Colton gets on a transfer bus to Hailey. At least they are together at the beginning and end of the day. They’ll be together in the same school again when Bryson is in 3rd and Colton is in 5th.
So, since school started, I’ve been trying to work with Bryson more on learning his alphabet letters. I’ve been really concerned because I can spend an hour working with him on one letter and ask him “What letter is this?” and he won’t have a clue. That all changed in the last week when I realized it is all in how I ask. I took a paper with all the alphabet letters on it and asked him to point to the “T”. He pointed right to it. He was able to point out every letter. What? How come when I point to a letter and ask what it is, he doesn’t have a clue…but if he hears the letter first, he can identify it right away. Who knows?
The kid keeps surprising me and I’m now thinking my concerns are unwarranted. When we were at my parents last week, he put together a paper of pumpkins numbered from 1 to 10. He then handed it to Pop and proceeded to count to 10 in Spanish perfectly. I didn’t even know he knew his numbers in Spanish already. I think one of these days it is all going to click with him.
One thing I am sure of is how much these boys, especially Bryson love Chewi. She is such a great dog with the kids. Bryson “cuddles” with this dog all the time. She just lets them lay across her, curl up to her side…anything. Little boys need good dogs like this.
2 comments:
I still remember when Bryce said "i can learn!" preschool I guess. Cute boys...miss them.
That boy is destined for great things!
Post a Comment