Saturday, February 20, 2010

When it rains, it pours...but there is always a rainbow!

What a week we've had. Saturday night, while enjoying a Valentine's Day dinner together, Ben & I got a call from our babysitter that Anna was throwing up.
Oh great, so much for date night.
Her throwing up, though, wasn't just your ordinary flu. Except for the time Colton was sick with Kawasaki Disease, I have never seen any of my children as sick as Anna became. We had to make a trip to the ER late Sunday night to try and get fluids in her tiny, severly dehydrated body. Blood wasn't getting to her hands and feet, she was completely listless and almost non-responsive. She was so sick, she just layed there while the nurse attempted FOUR different viens to insert an IV...no fighting. Now that is sick for my little fighter. The nurse finally gave up and I just had to wake her up every 10 minutes and force her to drink for the next 24 hours. She hardly responded at all during that time--she'd wake up just enough to drink a little, then fall right back to sleep. She started getting a little better Wednesday...but still isn't quite back to normal.
Friday, though, added a little more to our "sick" plate. Bryson had been complaining all week that his stomach hurt, he hadn't been eating very well, and was really tired. We thought it was probably just the flu passed onto him fron Anna, until really early in the morning Friday, he woke up screaming that his stomach hurt "right there" pointing to his lower right abdomen. Great! That sounds like appendicitis. So, off to the ER, he went with Ben; while I stayed home with still sick Anna. It turned out not to be appendicitis, thank goodness. He spent the rest of the day, though, throwing up--thanks to Anna.
It was then passed onto Daddy. Sorry, Daddy!
So, what is the rainbow?
We sold our Colorado house.
It will finally be behind us. We were contacted by a couple who found our expired listing on MLS and wanted to see the house. Our renters were very gracious and accomodating. The couple gave us an offer this week and after some back and forth, we finally came to an agreement.
We feel very blessed that this burden will be gone.
So that was our week! Not a very fun post, I know...

2 comments:

Norris Fam said...

Well Hallelujah...I'm glad the house sold :)

Amanda said...

I hope there is a 2nd rainbow of good health for everyone for at least 6 months:)