Friday, February 12, 2010

Roses, Cars & Rockets

I've been really loving fresh flowers this winter.
I used to think it was such a waste of money--
they just die.
But, I bought some in the beginning of January
and just threw them out when Ben
brought these home.
I now think it is a very inexpensive way
to brighten up a dreary winter day...
especially when they last for a month!
(Maybe I just got a lucky batch)
So, Valentines is my time to get creative with the kids...
(Disclaimer: not creative enough to come up with the ideas
--thanks internet users--
but creative enough to spend the time to carry out others ideas)
This year was candy rockets for Bryce
(I only have 1 here, because he had his party before I got the pics)

They were made with a giant smarty roll wrapped in paper
with a hershey kiss on one end

And paper flames on the other


Colt's appropriately involved hot wheels...
We rolled lego cars wheels in paint and drove them on the card,
then taped a car to the card.
I hear they were a hit with the kids
(and probably moms, too, since there wasn't any more candy).
Thanks to Wal-Mart for making it semi-affordable.
And for the culmination of this Valentine's post...
My smiling ANNA who LOVES the camera!
Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Just Us said...

Such a cute idea for Valentines.
I can't believe how big Anna is getting. She is beautiful.

Amanda said...

Anna has long hair! Longer than Luci's for sure. Good job on the valentines. We bought ours at Winco:)