Friday, April 17, 2009

Three Things in Life are Certain...

and in the Petzinger family, this is never more true than on April 15th...
Birth
Death
and
Taxes
We went to Boise for the day to celebrate
Ben's birthday,
memorialize Ben's dad's death,
and participate in some good ol' fashion demonstrating
at Boise's Tea Party.
What is a tea party?
All over the country, people gathered to demostrate FOR
State Sovereignity
Economic Intelligence
Founding Principles
Defense of our Constitution

and Personal Freedom

Colton even got to sign his own name
to the Declaration of Independence

Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness

We then visited Grandpa Werner's grave

And shared a giant Snickers bar with him
(That was his favorite candy)

Grandpa Werner passed away 4 years ago, April 15th.
We miss him very much.
We would be having some great political "conversations"
right now...
April 15th is also Ben's birthday.
Happy Birthday babe!
I love you!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm glad you guys keep me informed on state politics! That cow has is hilarious!!

Lisa said...

Happy (late) Birthday to Ben. I was really touched by the photos of you guys sharing a snicker's with grandpa. That is a cool thing and I'm sure it will be a special memory for the boys. Glad to see that tea is being served in Idaho!