The story of two inspiring women who are making a difference in my life...
The first is Mollie Jackson of Park City, Utah. She went to high school with a friend of mine and another friend pointed me to her blog. She lost her first and only child, a beautiful 2 year old daughter, Lucy, to a choking accident during sacrament meeting this summer. She continued to maintain her family blog by posting about her trial, her faith, her healing and the unimaginable pain of losing her child. I am grateful she is willing to share this online with the world--even to those of us who don't know her--because she reminds me every day to be grateful for my children, she inspires me to be a better mom, she encourages me to increase the depth of my spirituality and my faith. You can read her beautiful posts at http://jacksonparkcity.blogspot.com/ .
The second is Stephanie Neilsen. Some of you have maybe already heard about her--the story has been on KSL and the Today show. I first read about Stephanie in People magazine. It was a story of the blogger of the Nei Nei Dialogues...a blog done by a stay-at-home mom of 4. She and her husband were in a plane crash in August and they are both still in critical condition with burns over 80% and 40% of their bodies, respectively. The article said that her blog readers had raised over $100,000 for their recovery. The story had stuck out in my mind and I wanted to go check it out, but didn't. Then another friend did a post about it, so I went and started to read. It turns out that Stephanie is an LDS mom with 4 kids under 6 who are now being cared for by two sisters in Provo. The sister, author of http://blog.cjanerun.com/ posts updates on their condition and has begun to re post her sister's blog posts (link below). I started to read her posts last night and now understand why she had so many readers from all over the world. Her posts celebrate the beauties and joys and trials of motherhood in the most positive way...and again has inspired me to be better, to seek out those memory making moments with my children. It was just what I needed last night. And obviously, her current situation makes me so grateful for my life. Again...a trial beyond imagination. It is truly amazing how the Internet community has rallied around this mormon mom they don't even know; and I wish the very best for Stephanie & Christian in their recovery.

2 comments:
I saw Jen's blog about Stephanie and have looked at her blog everyday since. She inspires me too. She is a beautiful person who never seems to take one single day for granted. I want to be more like her.
I also read Mollie's blog, she is friends with my friend whose son also choked. She is so inspirational and amazinb.
Post a Comment