Friday, September 26, 2008

"Mom, I CAN LEARN!"

The simple things that we moms get so excited over...
Mom, I can spell CAT. C-A-T. What does C-O-T-N-R spell? Nothing. Yes it does! Ok, it spells COTNR.
Mom, do you know what L is in espanol? (He is in a dual immersion Kindergarten - 2 1/2 days/week in Spanish and 2 1/2 days in English)
Amadillo. Amadillo. Amadillo. That's Yellow in espanol, Mom.
I AM ABSOLUTELY LOVING THIS SCHOOL THING. Colton is so excited everyday to tell me the new things he's learning. And the best part of all is he is so excited to teach his little brother.
And his little brother is so excited to be taught.
Colton had some shape and color flashcards out, so he decided to start teaching Bryson. I was cleaning house just listening to the interchange that went like this...
Colt: "Bryson, what is this color?"
Bryce: "Umm..."
C: "Grrrrrr"
B: "Green!"
C: "You are right"
B: "I did it!"
And after they got through all the cards, Bryson ran to me in the other room and said,
"Mom! I can learn!" Then ran back to his brother and said,

"Thanks for teaching me, Colton."

This is what motherhood is ALL about. I sure love these boys...and I'm glad they love one another.

2 comments:

Norris Fam said...

I didn't know he was in dual immersion, sounds like he's loving it! At this rate...Bryce is going to be speaking fluently by the time he gets into kindergarten.

suzan said...

Dual Immersion? That sounds awesome! I wish they had that around here, I guess they probably do I have just never looked into it. I wish I had that opportunity as a kid. How cool!