Monday, November 15, 2010

Far apart, but still the best of friends!

Even though it had been 3 years since we had seen each other, it seemed like we’ve never been apart.  I guess that is how it has to be for friends to stay connected for so long (and still like each other).  23 Years “so long” to be exact.  Yes, a long time.  Carrie and I met in the 7th grade at the start of junior high.  Our friendship got closer and closer that by the time high school came around…we were inseparable, unless we were with our boyfriends.  Since graduation in 1993 when I moved to Florida, we’ve never lived near each other for more than a few months.  I’ve lived in the east and she in the west…then I came back out west and she was in England.  We are now both out west, but still not too close. 
She decided to fly with her 3 kids all by herself from Denver to Idaho to visit.  Crazy, I say.  But, we had a GREAT time here in Sun Valley.  We really need to see each other more often than every 3 years.
 DSCN0714
DSCN0712
Colton, Bryce & Anna with Carrie’s three – Riley, Finley, and Oliver
DSCN0704
Ollie and Ben often bonded while sleeping in the chair
 VID00828
DSCN0709 
Riley LOVED the dogs, especially Chewi.  Wish I could say the same for Finley. :)
She was terrified, to say the least.
Thanks for making the trip, Carrie.  I had a great time.

No comments: