Monday, August 24, 2009

Alturas & My 1st Open Water Attempt

Thanks Kara for the pics!
We made our 2nd trip this summer up to Alturas...
6 moms and 14 kids...and a lot of fun!

Perfect weather

Re-united buddies, Colton & Brady!
Welcome back, Brady.
Colton is so excited.

The three musketeers:
Preston, Colton & Brady

This is a lovely picture of my backside
as I am trying to put the
"youth large"
wetsuit on that I picked up last
minute from the thrift store...
Why?
Because Maren & I had to attempt our first
open water swim in prep
for our first triathlon next month.
And Alturas is WAY TOO Cold for us to
swim 750 yards without wetsuits.
This picture, thought hard to see, is Amanda on a floating
turtle with a GPS leading the way, so we would know
how far we needed to swim.
Wow! That was hard. Wish us luck--only 4 more weeks to train.

6 comments:

Just Us said...

Good luck!

suzan said...

Good for you!!!! My cousin Leslie just finished a triathalon somewhere in your neck of the woods.
Good luck to you, I wish I had your motivation ;)

John-n-Mel said...

Wow so excited for you! Good Luck!!! Love your Multi-Mom excursions!

Norris Fam said...

You guys are awesome! Can't wait to hear how things turn out for both of you!

Ryan & Holly Willard said...

Alturas is beautiful! I would love to go there but I want to be the one of the floaty. Good luck!

Tana said...

Your summer looks like it was so fun! I admire how active you and your family are, I think its amazing! T