Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ice Fishing

It was such a beautiful day yesterday, we couldn't let it go to waste...so Daddy came up with idea of trying some ice fishing.
Turned out to be a great idea (almost...but I'll get to that in a minute)

The minute the first hook went down, Colton had one

and another

and another

It was the same for Bryce, too.
One after another
and another...
Poor dad couldn't get a break.

This was taken near the end of our little adventure
and surprisingly Colton still has a smile on his face
despite the fact that he stepped through one of our fishing
holes accidentally 5 minutes into it and suffered through
with a soaked foot and leg.
He did so great.
We snowmobiled out onto the Little Wood Reservoir
north of Carey, Idaho
to catch our fish
We caught so many we just started putting them back.
Great way to start the boys fishing, huh?
Or maybe not. They may think its always like that.

And I know it isn't
(which is why I really never liked fishing--but
fishing like this I could definitly do)
Bryce was a born fisherman
Behold our dinner for the night
(and another night down the road)
We reluctantly spared you the pictures of the bones of our eaten fish
with bulging white eyeballs. :) Mmmm....Yummy.
All I can say is thank goodness for a husband
ready, willing, and able to clean these things...
and cook them...
or these boys wouldn't be tasting their catch.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

How fun is that! Those boys will never forgot that fishing trip. It is too bad fishing isn't always that great. Seems like there are many hours spent unsuccessful before you get a day like that. (Or maybe its just because it's winter and they're starving?

Norris Fam said...

Wow! You guys are so great at finding adventures! I loved the "fish farted" video...what else could those bubbles be???

Tana said...

You guys are always doing so many fun adventures with your kids (and without your kids), I think it is awesome.

Michelle & Matt's Clan said...

Okay, that was exactly what happened to Hunter when he was about 4 or 5 ice fishing with Dad.

suzan said...

I have watched the ice fisherman on Rockport for the last 3 winters and it has never once appealed to me. But you guys make Ice Fishing look fun!!! Great pictures by the way!