Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Heather!

A post to my final McEntire sister-in-law...

Heather
wife of baby brother, Jake. :)
Heather and Jake started dating in high school
back in 2002.
I was living far away at the time,
so I never really got to know her.
But, I knew Jake was head over heals for this girl
and that they were headed for marriage.

Which is exactly what they did in 2005.
I lived a little closer by this time,
but not close enough to still really get to know her.

I did know, just from watching when I was around,
that she and Jake were amazing together.

They treat each other with such respect and love.
They are truly eachother's best friend
and she sets such a good example for all of us girls.

They love being together
hiking
wakeboarding
taking their dog for walks
playing games

Now that I've lived close by for the last 3 years,
I feel like I've finally gotten to know her.

And I consider her one of my best friends.
She is trustworthy,
down-to-earth,
fun,
loving,

beautiful,
talented,
sweet,
calming,
so easy to talk to

And she loves my kids!

In fact, she seems to love all kids.
As a 3rd grade teacher, she is changing lives.
She is the kind of teacher I would LOVE for my kids to have.

She is great with her "hands-on" projects.
She crochets blankets for all the new babies and is
teaching Colton how to here at Lake Powell.

She is truly a blessing to our family
and to Jake.

We love you,
Aunt Heather!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Jelina, I love you! Thank you so much for this sweet post. You definitely gave me that warm fuzzy feeling, and yes, I did tear up (the goofball that I am!) :) I am sorry that I didn't read it until tonight. We are all over at Nana and Pop's and miss you dearly. I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye before you left back home! Love you!